What Is Tire Rotation And Why Should You Do It?
How Often Should You Rotate Tires?
What Will You Need?
- Be safe and keep your parking brake engaged.
- Loosen all lug nuts but don’t remove them entirely.
- Lift one wheel with the jack and put a jack stand/cinder block in place.
- Remove all tires and rotate them according to the appropriate pattern.
- Place a tire back onto the wheel mount and screw the lug nuts on by hand as much as possible.
- Lower the car from the stands. Don’t forget to tighten the lug nuts. It’s best to work the lug nuts diagonally from one to another in a star pattern. This helps even tightening and avoids accidentally warping the brake rotor.